Sunday, November 25, 2007

Making big plans





We had a great Thanksgiving with our family in Breaux Bridge LA. and we hope you all had a great holiday as well. We are also excited because we had the opportunity to sit down with our friend Dede and His wife Josie, and discuss ideas for the floor plan. Dede is a retired architect, and has been down this same road, I mean having built a small garage home to live in while they built their big house. He has lots of experience and ideas to bring to the table.

While out there we had the chance to drive around and look at some of the barndominiums there. Here are a few shots of ones we especially liked!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi, my hubby and I are building a barndominium also. We live in Cross Plains, Tx. We are a little further along than you are.

I have a blog also, but it is not just about the barndominium. It is also for my little business that I do in retirment. I have lots of pictures if you want to take a peek! http://www.paperthreads.com/blog/shirleysdesigns/ We are hoping to move during the spring. My email address is on my blog if you want to contact us!

Shirley

Shirley said...

I forgot to tell you that you will have to go to the archives to find many barndominium pictures. We have just been doing wiring the last few weeks, so I haven't shared many pictures. My blog started in October 2007 and you can see some of the dirt work, the slab being poured, etc. It has been an exciting trip!

Shirley