Hello everyone. As expected with the Holiday season has made progress on the barn very slow. Paint doesn't want to spread and when it does the humidity seems to make it take forever to dry. But we are gearing up for the push to finish in the Spring.
But the main focus of this post is the framing. I really deliberated as to if I should frame within the red iron or up to it, inside the building. We decided on a combination of the two. Attaching the wood to the iron was also a problem. Drilling was too time consuming, self tapping screws where a bit better. No, the best most secure method turned out to be power actuated fasteners manufactured by Remington. These babes work...end of problem. We used them to attach the 2X4 studs to the iron, and also used them to anchor the bottom plates to the concrete. Check out these shots of the framing.